Know your contract
A Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) is a formal and binding contract between employers and employees. SEA and bargaining teams work long and hard to negotiate the very best agreements possible between management and the work force. Once an agreement is reached, the resulting document is said to be a tentative agreement (TA). All full members of the bargaining unit then have the option to vote for or against accepting the TA. If the majority vote in favor of accepting the TA, it is then considered a ratified contract.
Once the CBA is signed and in place, the employer can’t make any changes without first negotiating those changes with the union. An SEA Collective Bargaining Agreement spells out in writing such items as, wage rates, insurance, holiday pay, vacation time, seniority; to name a few. The contract also provides for such things as sick leave, jury duty, funeral leave, military service leave, hours of work, overtime, safety regulations, and conditions of employment.
We encourage you to read the collective bargaining agreements which can be found below.
Below are the contracts we’ve secured for counties, municipalities, the judicial branch, colleges, and the private sector.
- New Hampshire Judicial Branch
- Bedford Police Department 2018-2021
- Belknap County House of Corrections 2020-2023
- Belknap County Nursing Home 2020-2023
- City of Franklin 2021-2024
- Community College System of New Hampshire
- Coos County Correction 2019-2021
- Department of Health and Human Services 2021-2023
- Department of Information Technology 2021 – 2023
- Derry Police Supervisors 2021-2024
- Derry Professional, Administrative & Technical Employees
- Exeter Public Works
- Hampstead Hospital
- Town of Hampton 2021-2024
- Juvenile Justice Services 2021– 2023
- Laconia Administrative & Technical Employees 2021-2022
- Littleton Police Employees 2020-2023
- New Hampshire Retirement System
- North Conway Water Precinct
- Plymouth State University
- Riverside Rest Home 2022
- Rochester Municipal Employees Association 2020-2023
- Rockingham County Nursing Home
- Salem Administrative and Technical Employees
- Strafford County Department of Corrections
- Strafford County Corporal Wage Adjustment
- Strafford County Sheriff Office Supervisory Unit 2022
- Town of Ashland 2020-2023
- Town of Meredith 2021-2023
- NH Veterans Home 2021-2023
Executive Branch Contract and DOC Supervisors’ Contract
The 2021-2023 Collective Bargaining Agreement was signed in July 2021.
To read a copy of the signed contract, click here (or visit: https://seiu1984.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/8.13.21-Final-Master-Contract-Print-v2.pdf ).
View with Sub-Unit Agreement contracts here.
Appendices to the Contract are listed here.
The 2021-2023 Collective Bargaining Agreement for DOC Supervisors was signed in July 2021 and took effect shortly after its execution. To read a copy of the signed contract, click here.
View the Sub-Unit Agreement for DOC Line Staff here.
Salary Schedules are listed below:
- 37.5 Hour Wage Week (A00) – 2021
- 40 Hour Wage Week (A130) – 2021
- Corrections Supervisors (CS416) – 2021
- Fire Fighters (F416) – 2021
- 160 Hour/28 Day Law Enforcement (L416) – 2021
- Institutional Nurses (N130) – 2021 / 2022
- 40 Hour Law Enforcement/Non-standard: 10% over base (X208) – 2021
- 40 Hour Law Enforcement/Non-standard: 20% over base (X416) – 2021