As the corona virus (COVID-19) spreads in the United States, we know that many of you have taken steps to ensure your family’s well being. Please know the SEA is committed to keeping you, our members, our staff, your families, co-workers, and associates, safe and healthy while State and Federal authorities attempt to handle what is become a major public health crisis.
We are committed to fighting for your safety and financial security and have taken steps address concerns with management.
Union leadership and staff have been monitoring the situation closely and, according to recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the NH Division of Public Health (DPH), we have implemented the following temporary changes:
- Restricting staff travel
- Cancelling all but essential or emergency meetings until further notice, especially Council and Committee meetings that involve a lot of people
We have asked staff to:
- Prepare to use the recently-installed audio-visual-conferencing equipment in our large conference rooms, and
- If the situation warrants, to work remotely.
In addition, we are focused on:
- protecting the health of those who work in or visit our headquarters
- practicing rigorous cleaning procedures throughout the entire building
- enforcing personal hygiene techniques that are most effective at combating viruses, such as hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and
- asking staff and members who are feeling ill to stay home.
Please be assured that we’re closely following developments and will respond quickly as circumstances change. The well-being of you, our family, our members and our communities is our first priority.
Please contact us with any feedback or questions or for contact information at 271-3411 ext. 100 or email@example.com.
The State has issued these guidelines. for state employees, please note that we are fighting hard to ensure that our recommendations are implemented as we do not necessarily agree with the State’s conclusions.
March 17, 2020